July is the month of fireworks and cookouts! But did you know these fun facts about the Fourth of July?
- Approximately 150 million hot dogs and 750 million pounds of chicken are consumed on this day.
- Americans buy 190 million pounds of red meat or pork in the lead-up to the Fourth of July.
- To avoid cracking it, the Liberty Bell has not been rung since 1846. To mark the quintessential day, it is symbolically tapped 13 times.
- More than $800 million was spent on fireworks for the Fourth of July in 2016.
- An estimated 800 people will go to the emergency room with firework-related injuries each Fourth of July.
Move-out day is July 31. Keys are due by noon; if not, charge notices will be sent out.
Keep in mind that rent is due on the 1st.
Don’t forget your pet fees! There is a $250 non-refundable pet charge and a $25 monthly fee. Any resident who violates this portion of their lease will be charged $100.
If you have any maintenance issues, call the front office at (225) 767-5585 to submit a work order. Always keep in mind that you are also able to submit a maintenance request by logging in to your personal portal.
Reminders and Updates
Office hours are Monday and Thursday from 10 a.m.–8 p.m.; Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
DIY Root Beer Floats — July 6 from 2–4 p.m. — Join us poolside and enjoy the new pool furniture as we serve up root beer floats!
Live Bands by the Pool — July 18 from 6-11 p.m. — Meet us by the pool for some late night fun, and live performances by:
- The Foragers
- Aion Koan
- Super Image
- Riverside Blues Band
Movie Night at the Pool — July 21 from 6–8:30 p.m. — Follow our Instagram page and take our poll in order to choose which movie we watch. Then, meet us in the pool! Popcorn, pool floaties, and drinks included!
Cheezy for Cheesecake — July 30 from 5–6:30 p.m. — Happy National Cheesecake Day! Stop by the office to hear a CHEEZY joke and leave with a slice of CHEESECAKE!