It’s beat-the-heat month here at The Armstrong! So bring a friend, and come hang out with your Armstrong staff, and who knows — you could win a prize!
Renovations have started. Renew! Renew! Renew!
Do you know anyone coming to Baton Rouge for orientation this summer? We’ve got a ton of tips and tricks on how to survive that you can share with your friends! Visit www.studentlivingbatonrouge.com/orientation-survival-guide/ for our recommendations on what to do, where to stay, what to bring, and how to get an exclusive Orientation Survival Kit from one of our communities!
Reminders & Updates
Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Grillin’ and Chillin’ — July 8 from 4–6 p.m. — Come by and barbecue with us!
Nacho Tuesday — July 11 from 1–3 p.m. — Stop by the office and get some nachos!
Poolside POPS — July 19 from 4–6 p.m. — We’ll be passing out popsicles by the pool, so stop by and grab one!
Karaoke Time — July 26 from 1–4 p.m. — Come sing with us by the pool!
Sunday Sundaes — July 30 from 1–3 p.m. — Beat the heat! Stop by the office and make a sundae!
July Birthdays — July 31 @ noon — If you have a July birthday, we’ll be knocking on your door with a tasty pastry!